Those of us lucky enough to have a great relationship with ourdadknow hes truly in a league of his own.
We wouldnt tradehis hilarious Hawaiian-shirt-wearing shenanigans and constant dad jokes for anything in the world. And lets be honest:Dad always knows the best things to say, even if theyre totally corny.
As a teen, you probably werent always willing to hear his advice. Instead, you rolled your eyes and laughed when he attempted to be serious with you.
But when youre in your 20s, and even a little wiser, you might be willing to listen.
From financial advice, to Dads favorite childhood memories, its important to talk to your dad about as much as you can even if his answers are extra cheesy.
These are the 21 questions youll only want to ask yourdad in your 20s.
1. Whats a 401(k)?
If you havent started, or even began to thinkabout saving for retirement, now is agreat time to talk to Dad about the right plan for you.
2. How do I know if Ive made the best career choice?
Your dad will love giving you some insight here. After all, he knows you best, and wants to see you succeed in all aspects of life.
3. How do I fix a flat tire?
Youre in your 20s, so you should definitely know how to handle a flat tire situation on your own. Spend a few hours with Dad learning how to solve it like a pro.
4. Whats our best family recipe?
Marinate chicken on the grill, or whip up his grandmas winter soup. Whatever that special recipe may be, Dads got more up his sleeve than you know.
5. Whatsyour favorite memory from when you were my age?
Youre kind of, sort of, adulting now, so it would definitely be nice to add a level to your relationship with your dad that allows you learn more about him.
6. What was your first job like?
Stories like this are a laugh and a lesson, all in one.
7. What do you wish you had done before having kids?
If you dont already have children of your own, Dad may be able to shed some light on what to add to your own bucket list.
8. Can you teach me how to do your favorite hobby?
Spend time immersing yourself insomething he loves.
9. How do I negotiate my pay like a #GirlBoss?
Dad might have some awesome negotiating skills up his sleeve to help you get what youdeserve.
10. Are you proud of me?
OK, he probably wont say no to this one. But, this question offers some encouragement from Dad, and a moment for you, too, to consider whether youre happy with what youve accomplished in life so far.
11. Whats the most valuable thing in life to you?
Youre in your 20s, and Dads definitely got a few years on you. Take advantage of his incredibleperspective.
12. Whats one thingyou wish youd known when you were my age?
Let him drop some relevant knowledge on you, and soak it all up.
13. How do I know if Ive made the right choice in a life partner?
Whether your dad is currently in a relationship or not, hes probably experienced relationships that worked, and some that failed.
Dad also wont hold back if he thinks the guy youre dating is a complete jerk.
14. Whats the best way to manage my monthly finances?
Maybe Dad has some serious financial skills, and maybe not. Youll never know if he can help a girl out if you dont ask.
15. What was your favorite car youve ever owned?
You know this one will trigger some prime Dad stories.
16. What dont I already know about our family heritage?
Take an opportunity to learn about your familys history, so you know for any future family you might have.
17. Whats the best piece of advice youve ever been given?
Pick his brain not just for his own advice, but for the best advice hes been told.
18. Whats the best gift youve ever received?
Dont be hurt if its not the mug you gave him for Fathers Day five years ago.
19. What has been the most fulfilling part of your life this far?
Major #dad and #life insight coming right up.
20. How did you know you wanted to be a dad?
Maybe he never knew, and maybe he always did.
21. What was it like holding your first child for the first time?
Even if its you, ask. Hes probably up for a walk down memory lane, and will enjoy sharing that special story with you.
If your dad has been a positive influence in your life recently, or always its important to open up and talk to him. Truly show him you want him to be a critical part of your life.
Grab Dad, and get talking. Time with you is something hell love even more than material gifts this Fathers Day.